Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

An introduction, just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Before we get into the heavy reading material filled with large amounts of sarcasm combined with poor attempts at bitterly dry humor, I thought it would be best to introduce you to most of the main characters who will be staring in this particular blog.  Please feel free to use this as a reference at any point in the future if you are finding it difficult to keep up with who is who. There are, after all, 19 (+ numerous cats) to keep track of.

First of all I've given a lot of thought to how we all should be listed-oldest to youngest, biggest to smallest etc and I've decided that I'll go first and the rest will be random depending on who's photos I find in what order.

Today we'll start with...
Me: 
Name~ Beth
Occupation ~ Habitual & compulsive hobby farmer with animal addiction
Age ~ >30 < 40 In other words-none of your business really unless you're buying me a gift for my birthday.
Hobbies ~ See above. Does it sound like I'm a person who has time for additional hobbies? !
Interests ~ (Yes, interests are different from hobbies. The word hobby implies something I spend my leisure time doing. Interests, on the other hand, are things I WISH I had leisure time to do.)  
*Reading(especially blogs-if you've got one let me know~ I'm quite nosey!) 
*Facebook (actually I do manage to find a significant amount of time each week to go on facebook and post the latest photos of our family shenanigans, so much time in fact that my husband is considering looking into a 12 step intervention/program that addresses compulsive hobby farming and facebooking at the same time. Fortunately for me no such program exists as of yet.)

Misc ~ Grew up in Wisconsin, moved to England for 11+ years and lived outside London, eventually came to my senses & moved back to rural Wisconsin. It's a fantastic place to raise kids and nurse animal-collecting habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment