Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meet Scott & B.

I'd like to introduce you to the 2 supporting actors in the 'you made your bed, now lie in it' show that I call my life.


To date Scott and I are beating a lot of odds and still going strong. During our 'courting' period friends and family were very helpful and always willing to point out reasons our marriage was doomed to fail (and for the record, I love my friends and family for it, they were just doing their job!) Anyway topping the list at number 1 -We were young. I was 19 and he was 23. This was very closely followed by number 2- It was a long distance relationship. I lived in the USA and He lived in England.

12+ years later we're still together and even occasionally talk to each other.  So folks, I agree-sometimes it doesn't work out, but sometimes it does...

Stats on Scott:
Name- See above
Occupation: Yes
Age: 4 years older than me
Hobbies: Probably
Interests: Man stuff
Misc: He grew up in England but is a cowboy at heart. He has the patience of a saint and will do anything to keep the peace (thank goodness!)
Fortunately (for me) he's not really a blog reader! 


And now for B.
He's a 9 year old boy (with no job I might add!) with typical boy interests and hobbies.  I'm happy to be able to say this!  It wasn't that long ago that this child, cursed with parents who lived in a big city, thought that milk came from Tesco's (grocery store).  He is the reason we moved back to the USA.  While here on vacation he said he wanted to live here. Within a year of him saying this we'd sold our house and bought this one and the rest is history. Now he plays outside, gets dirty, plays baseball and is all in all pretty well rounded. Though I would like to add that it wasn't until we actually HAD chickens that he believed me when I told him where eggs came from.  Thank goodness he took my word for it when I explained about the milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment